Who we are
Local Government NSW is an independent organisation that exists to serve the interests of New South Wales general and special purpose councils.
Importantly, we’re not a government department or agency. Instead, we support and advocate on behalf of our member councils to help strengthen and protect an effective, democratic system of local government across NSW.
We do this by:
- Representing the views of local government to both the state and federal governments
- Providing policy advice, management support and grants application assistance to members
- Empowering members to deliver quality services to meet the needs of their local community
- Providing effective, responsive and accountable leadership on policy issues
- Enhancing community awareness and perception of local government
LGNSW ORG CHART