As a wholly owned subsidiary of Local Government NSW, Local Government Procurement (LGP) was established to help member councils acquire goods and services as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Each year, LGP saves NSW councils millions of dollars in the procurement of goods and services through negotiated pricing and bulk purchasing power.
This not only delivers the best possible value for money on sector-specific solutions, but it also streamlines access to reputable suppliers and helps minimise procurement risk for councils.
LGP also provides free advice on issues such as probity, governance, auditing and legislation compliance to member councils. This advice is complemented with a range of business tools, including procurement management resources with guidelines and benchmarking materials.
Benefits of LGP
- Save time procuring goods and services and negotiating with suppliers
- Save money through bulk purchasing power
- Minimise procurement risk
- Free advice on issues relating to probity, governance, auditing and legislation compliance
- The more councils use LGP, the greater the potential returns, which keeps membership fees low
LG Training Academy
LG Training Academy (RTO Code 45450), the training division of Local Government Procurement, caters to the capability development requirements of its clients through the following suite of services:
- Nationally Recognised training – Develop stronger skills for increasingly sustainable future by completing our nationally accredited courses.
- Non-Accredited Training – These modules offered as public courses will help embed best practice thinking across your teams. Highly skilled trainers with strong industry expertise facilitate these sessions, thus making them very engaging with a great opportunity for sharing, growing and networking.
- Customised Onsite Training – Give your team the exact knowledge they need with one of our bespoke sessions delivered in your office. The contents are tailored and delivered through targeted activities and discussions that help the teams learn and share knowledge organically.
- eLearning – Refresh your learning and strengthen your foundation skills in procurement and contracting with our eLearning offerings. These professional development courses are flexible and self-paced to suit your staff’s busy schedules – anywhere and anytime.
To learn more about Local Government Procurement, including current contracts and upcoming tenders, visit www.lgp.org.au.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE