Looking for a general manager or senior executive locum?
We may be able to assist you. LGMS assists councils to ensure their business continuity by sourcing and placing general managers and senior executive staff into short-term work assignments as needed. (Please note: current legislation allows a temporary appointment of a general manager for up to 12 months).
LGMS has a network of highly experienced former general managers and senior executives who are available for temporary assignments with councils. The benefits of LGMS’s locums is that they can:
- "Hit the ground running", ensuring minimal disruption to a council’s operations.
- Have a proven track record and experience in local government. They understand the sector and its requirements.
- Can manage operational functions while the council advertises and sources candidates to fill the permanent vacancy.
- Provide a "fresh set of eyes" on a council’s processes and operations, ensuring they are leading edge and meet the needs of the council and the community.
If you would like to discuss how we can assist, please contact Wayne Noakes, Senior Consultant Management Solutions on 0429 618 526
Looking to be a general manager or senior executive locum for a council?
If you are looking to give something back to the sector and want short-term roles then working as a locum may provide that opportunity.
If you are a former general manager or senior executive with NSW local government experience and looking to return to the workforce we would like to hear from you. To be considered for locum opportunities, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be an Australian citizen or have an appropriate Australian work visa;
- For general manager positions – have a minimum of eight years’ experience as a general manager within NSW local government;
- For director/senior executive roles – have a minimum of five years’ experience in your profession as a senior executive within NSW local government;
- Hold degree/post graduate qualifications;
- Be able to relocate to regional/country locations on a temporary basis if required;
- Have a current driver's licence, and
- Be able to provide two recent work referees.
To register your interest, please download the Expression of Interest Form and, once completed, email with your CV to email@example.com.
Upon receipt of the documents we will be in touch to further discuss your interest and any prospective opportunities at the time.
For further information, please contact Mark Anderson or Christian Morris.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE