Recruitment & Selection Skills
This course aims to provide managers and supervisors with the skills and knowledge they need to conduct an effective selection process.
Who should attend?
All managers and supervisors involved in selection processes.
The course aims to provide managers with the skills required to:
- Ensure that vacant positions are appropriately described
- Job descriptions are available for each vacant position
- Advertise for vacancies in the most effective manner, noting the essential and desirable criteria for the job
- Carry out all pre-interview arrangements in an effective manner
- Short-list in an equitable manner based on the selection criteria
- Ensure that interviewers are skilled in asking behavioural questions that bring out the best in applicants and relate directly to the selection criteria
- Conduct appropriate post-interview procedures to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and local government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
* Cancellations less than seven days out from the course will not be refunded.
You must be logged in for registration options to appear.