This workshop is designed to give not only newly elected but also returning members the confidence to perform their roles.
It includes giving an understanding of responsibilities in leading and supporting communities while following the legal requirements of local government.
This workshop will be held over two consecutive mornings (9am-12.30pm) on 23 & 24 February 2022.
Member Price: $770 (incl GST)
Non-Member Price: $1,540 (incl GST)
Newly elected and returning councillors.
On completion of this program, participants should be able to understand:
- Legislative environment of local governments; the legislation regulations and state administrative requirements within which councils must operate;
- Principles of governance and how they are interpreted and implemented;
- Balancing governing as a member of the governing body and filling the role of elected representative;
- Effective working relationships between the governing body, elected representatives, the local government administration and the importance of the separation of powers;
- Role of elected members, the mayor and the GM/CEO in leading and supporting their communities;
- Characteristics of strategic community leadership, and
- The key knowledge and skills for informed governance decisions and community representation.
The facilitator will use PowerPoint presentations and discussion sessions with participants to deliver content and achieve course objectives.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE