This course scheduled to take place on 20 May 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
Leaders today are judged not only on their ability to communicate, but also on their readiness to understand and adopt new forms of communication.
This interactive workshop will give councillors and management an overview of the most influential social media networks, their value and demonstrate ways to use different social media platforms so their digital presence positively impacts upon business objectives. Participants will be provided with strategies and tactics to support their council's overarching business and communication priorities and provide tips on a range of platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Learning will also be supported with a range of resources including:
- Best practice for social media 101
- A guide on how to engage on the best social media networks for your objectives
- Tips suited to all levels of social media experience
Participants will develop skills and knowledge in:
- Social media fundamentals: the types of social media networks and which ones will work for councillors
- How to build your brand as a councillor on social media
- Your responsibility as a council representative on social media
- How to engage with your community on social media and build a following.
This workshop is interactive and hands-on, so please bring your laptop, tablet or smartphone to the workshop.
The facilitator will engage you in demonstrations, discussions and practice activities to assist understanding and application of social media strategies.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE