Price: $808.50 incl GST
This workshop has been designed to provide Local Government professionals and managers with an opportunity to gain first-hand appreciation of important principles and practices that are involved in project management. The workshop will provide participants with a sound understanding of modern tools and techniques used in dealing with both large and small projects.
Who should attend?
Individuals working in council.
- Gain mastery over concepts, principles and terminology of project management.
- Develop an understanding of appropriate project management methodologies.
- Acquire technical skills involving project planning, scheduling and budgeting, process reporting and project control.
- Gain an appreciation of the capability and function of a modern project management software tools.
- An overview of the process
- The life-cycle and anatomy of a project
- Defining objectives, deliverables and scope
- Assessing risks and constraints
- Initiating a project
- Setting baselines, monitoring progress
- Analysing and interpreting progress reports
- Updating forecasts
- Generating plan vs actual reports
- Producing a "work breakdown" structure
- Producing a task schedule
- Determining the critical path and float
- Working with Gantt and PERT charts
- Allocating resources
- Predicting and resolving overloads
- Projecting cashflow
The facilitator will use practical activities and group discussions to assist you to transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE