Planning 101 for Councillors
Price: $440 incl GST
Participants will examine the fundamentals of planning theory and practice, the current statutory framework (including recent changes) and the role of Local Government (and councillors in particular) in planning matters.
Who should attend?
What it will cover?
Local Government planning functions are complex and often give rise to controversial debates over the development of specific sites through to precincts, LGAs and regions.
This course covers the NSW planning system in detail – strategic land-use planning and development assessment, with a focus on the role of councils and the implications for councillors.
At the completion of the course participants will:
- be aware of fundamental matters underpinning planning in concept and in practice
- appreciate the breadth of environmental law and the place of planning law
- understand how strategic land use planning operates in NSW – role of councils (and other levels of government)
- understand the development assessment process in NSW, with a focus on local development
- understand the role of local community engagement in NSW
- be aware of recent (and proposed) changes to the system
- appreciate the councillor’s role in planning matters at a local level.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE