This course is scheduled to take place on 21 April 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
Duration: 9:00am - 12:30pm
This course will provide you with a practical introduction to the NSW planning system. It is tailored to staff working in councils who would like a better understanding of how planning operates in NSW and the issues they need to be aware of when interacting with planners in council.
Participants will be provided with a workbook which includes a range of planning documents and a planning jargon buster.
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of:
- The purposes and rationale for planning
- Planning terms and jargon
- How the planning system works in NSW and Australia
- How local councils fit into the planning system
- The role of land use zones in planning
- How the two main planning tasks (controlling development and making plans) work
- The purpose of the main planning documents used by planners.
The workshop is interactive, involving small group discussions on case studies and scenarios relevant to property staff in local government.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals working in council.
Planning matters are constantly changing and it is important that property staff understand the planning issues that impact on their work and that of council planners.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE