Leadership Development and Mentoring Program
The Leadership Development and Mentoring Program has received an honourable mention at the 2023 National Awards for Local Government.
It is designed to build capacity for excellence and professional growth internally as well as supporting diversity and best practice in how a council serves its community.
Who should attend
The program caters for all levels of leadership, including executive leaders, existing leaders and emerging leaders.
The program focuses on a range of tailored learning areas, which can include sessions such as:
- contemporary leadership
- developing leadership potential
- managing people and performance
- strengthening communication abilities
- career planning
- prioritising and planning
- negotiation and influencing skills
- managing change and staying resilient
- project work presentation skills
This best practice program has been structured to include:
- Mentor training and planning workshop
- MBTI/Myers Briggs Type Indicator Assessment
- Development Program – series of tailored core learning areas
- Project work and formal presentation to the Executive Leadership Team
- Program Evaluation and Final Recommendations Report
The Mentoring and Development Program caters for all levels of leadership and can be customised to suit the needs of the leadership group. Participants are partnered with senior mentors at council to support them with their overall professional capability.
Participants also collaborate on a project topic (as determined by council) and deliver their project presentation and final recommendations report to the executive leadership team as part of their involvement in the program.
The Mentoring and Development Program is delivered face-to-face and provides multiple development and skill/knowledge building activities. These sessions include formal training and coaching for participants and the mentors to promote and support the relationship from commencement.
Participants are also supported with the project work associated with the program.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE