This course will take place on: TBA
Price: $440 (incl GST)
Managing Performance Conversations Workshop
This course has been designed to equip managers and supervisors with the necessary understanding and practical skills to prepare for and conduct a performance discussion. At the conclusion of the training you should be able to:
- Identify the principles of effective performance management
- Clearly outline the desired outcomes of performance and conduct (lay the foundation)
- Effectively communicate with staff and conduct difficult conversations
- Identify work behaviour that does not align with Corporate Values and/or acceptable workplace conduct
- Competently document issues and concerns in preparation for a one to one performance discussion
- Create an environment that is a conducive to productive and meaningful performance discussions
- Deal with less than cooperative behaviour
- Develop and implement a performance improvement plan to improve their performance and behaviours to meet the required standards.
- Conduct follow up performance monitoring discussions
Whilst it is always preferable to turn an employee's performance around, unfortunately despite several attempts to improve performance it may become necessary to take firmer action and this course also provides guidance to deal with those situations. The program does cover the legal framework that must be adhered to however the primary focus of the course it to provide practical tips and advice to achieve a positive outcome for the employee, supervisor and organisation.
The Facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and local government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE