This course scheduled to take place on 21 May 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
Duration: 9.00am -12.30pm
This practical workshop has been designed to provide councillors and relevant professional staff with practical techniques to enable them to be more comfortable, confident and effective in dealing with the media.
Who should attend?
Councillors and senior staff and other professionals who might have to deal with the media.
Content covered includes:
- Frameworks to help reduce the time and stress levels associated with preparing for a media interview
- Skills and techniques for keeping in control
- Tips for thinking on your feet
- Introductions and setting the scene
- Role of media interviews in helping position council with its communities
- Understanding what to do before an interview
- Delivering messages that are interesting, relevant and newsworthy
- Keeping control in the face to tough questions
- Implications of being a representative of council in the media
- Open forum – an opportunity to explore and discuss issues pertaining to your role that may not have been covered in the formal part of the program.
Each participant is provided with a workbook (with templates and strategies) and the DVD recording of their two interviews as a reminder of their strengths and areas of focus.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies, skills practices, and Local Government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and Local Government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE