This course scheduled to take place on 25 November 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of Consultative Committees in the Local Government context. The course is based on regulations required under the Local Government Act, the Local Government (State) Award and internationally accepted meeting procedures.
Note: Some pre-course reading is essential for this course.
Who should attend?
All managers and staff involved in Consultative Committees.
- To refresh your understanding of the consultative process and agree on some protocols if required, for your committee operations
- Understand roles, rights and duties of the members and the decision-making process
- To ensure correct processes both inside and outside the meeting room are followed
- To apply effective communication skills and resolve conflict
- To enable people involved in committees as a member and/or chairperson to identify ways of improving the effectiveness of their operations
- Implement positive consultative processes in working together and dealing with conflict and negativity in meetings
- To give inexperienced participants increased confidence in their ability to participate, present a case and conduct meetings in the future.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and Local Government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE