Price: $440 incl GST
Duration: 9.00am - 12.30pm
Effective business writing is talk "tidied up", however, many people were never taught the basic rules of grammar and punctuation that help writers to achieve this. To give your writing credibility and ensure your message is correct and clear, it is important to understand and apply the rules of grammar and punctuation covered in this course.
To increase the professionalism of council documents. This one-day course covers these fundamentals in a practical way.
Who should attend?
If you write for work and need to understand the basic concepts of grammar and punctuation so you can identify errors and write correctly, this course will help you. If you were taught these rules and want to revise them, you will also benefit from this course.
- Identifying and correcting the most common grammatical errors made when writing for council
- Using punctuation marks effectively so the meaning of the document is clear, particularly focusing on apostrophes, commas and capital letters
- Constructing effective writing through correctly using phrases, clauses, sentences and paragraphs
- Using parts of speech (including verbs, nouns, adjectives and adverbs) to give impact
- How to proofread effectively
The workshop is hands-on, with a combination of lecture, small group and individual activities. Participants will be given grammatical rules to follow and activities where these rules need to be applied. The course involves constant participation and feedback.
The material in this course is based on the Style Manual used by the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available before the course begins.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE