Improving your Correspondence Writing
Price: $462 incl GST
This is a practical skills program focusing on the basic principles of effective letter and email writing.
It is one of the three business writing courses offered by LGLS that focus on real council examples to help staff develop their skills and write more professionally. The other two courses are "Improving your Report Writing" and "Improving your Grammar, Punctuation and Proof Reading Skills".
Who should attend?
Anyone in council who wishes to improve skills and confidence in writing.
By the end of this course, you will have more of the skills, knowledge and strategies you need to write:
- Clearly, accurately and effectively
- Using a reader-friendly structure and style
- Different types of business letters and emails
- In plain English
- Projecting a positive image of your organisation
- Identify the purpose of your writing.
- Understand your readers.
- Identify different structures in writing and how to choose the most effective one/s to achieve your purpose.
- Use language that is reader-friendly.
- Use five strategies to effectively engage your reader.
- Ensure the finished product is easy to read and has a positive impact.
Highly practical and interactive exercises are used throughout. The course uses a variety of real council documents, including business letters, saying "no" letters, letters of complaint and emails as examples to teach the skills you need to achieve your purpose and to promote your Council.
During the final session, participants will review an example of their own writing and improve it based on the skills practised in the course.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and Local Government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE