This course is scheduled to be held on 5 May 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
Whether it be reading council's budget, or contributing or questioning the budget and operational plan, Councillors are having to make many decisions about financial issues in Local Government.
This module will assist Councillors to make informed decisions about financial issues.
Who should attend?
Councillors and senior staff.
- Know the responsibilities of Councillors in regard to council finances
- Understand basic accounting procedures
- Know how to read quarterly reviews
- Know how to interpret council balance sheets
- Know what depreciation is and how it affects council’s finances
- Understand how financial information fits into council planning
- Understand the concept of risk and how it fits into financial management issues
- Know what is expected of councillors during council audits
- Explore how probing questions can assist to make more informed decisions.
Participants will gain practical skills, knowledge and confidence in discharging the financial duties of a councillor. The module will provide them with range of basic tools to understand, interpret, develop, plan and more effectively manage the financial resources of their council, as well as inform them of their duties and responsibilities in regard to the financial management of their Council.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and Local Government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE