Finance for Non-Finance Managers
Price: $462 incl GST
With increasing pressure on councils to be financially sustainable, asset responsibility and service accessible, staff should be skilled in contemporary IPR thinking, service planning, budget development, reporting and delivering sound financial outcomes for their teams.
Who should attend?
Supervisors, coordinators and above, with responsibility for service planning, budget development and reporting, as well as those accountable for the preparations of budgets and managing their IP&R.
The "Financial planning, budgeting and reporting" program will introduce key staff to:
- the current financial climate in Local Government
- financial stewardship
- operating under the legislative framework
- the legislative, financial and community drivers necessary to become financially sustainable
- the frameworks of Integrated Planning and Reporting, and Resourcing Strategies
- the elements of service, risk settings and enterprise risk management
- revenue streams, rating systems and pricing
- development and ongoing management of service budgets and reporting
- accounting concepts in Local Government
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and local government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
Please bring copies of financial reports you use at work and a calculator to the session.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE