Handling Difficult Conversations
Price: $462 incl GST
Employees are increasingly having to handle people who are challenging and difficult. This interactive and practical workshop is designed to assist staff to manage these situations in a constructive way.
Who should attend?
Anyone who comes into contact with external or internal individuals should attend this workshop.
After describing a difficult scenario they have encountered in the past, participants will explore the following topics and techniques and apply them to their own situation:
- The Levels of Conflict tool
- Ability to recognise flight, fight and flow behaviours
- What to say and do when engaging in a Difficult Conversation
- Understanding different behavioural styles
- Knowing when to escalate a Difficult Conversation to Management
- Assertiveness exercises and case studies
- Strategies to reach an agreement
- Better alternatives to handle negative behaviour
- How to debrief after a difficult incident
- Personal learning contract – how you can learn from having a difficult conversation
The facilitator will use case studies, a questionnaire, personal and participant examples, group discussions/individual exercises to assist the participants to become more confident, less stressed and more capable in dealing with difficult clients.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE