Community and Stakeholder Engagement
Price: $462 incl GST
Many tasks at the core of a council’s operations require effective engagement - with local communities, the business sector, NGOs and other levels of government.
These engagement tasks can often be challenging, with a need to balance and respond to many different points of view.
This program is designed to give the participants improved skills and insights into effective community and stakeholder engagement.
With a specific local government focus, the program addresses key aspects of the engagement process, drawing on participant and presenter experience to provide context in operational areas such as corporate strategy, community development, service delivery and land use planning.
Who should attend?
Local government staff with responsibility for the planning and oversight of stakeholder engagement activities.
- Insights into the principles of effective stakeholder engagement
- Consideration and analysis of the different levels of engagement
- Practical approaches to enable effective stakeholder identification
- Tools for effective evaluation of agency practices and processes in stakeholder engagement
- A detailed account of stakeholder engagement methods and when to apply them
- Practical experience in planning stakeholder engagement activities and processes
- An account of processes for effective facilitation of groups and meetings.
The facilitator will use a presentation format, along with small-group exercises and open discussion, as a basis for the day’s learning. All participants will be provided with a comprehensive work book for future reference and guidance after the course.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE