Code of Conduct for Staff
Council officials play a vital role in serving local communities. To do this effectively, they need to uphold the highest standards of behaviour to ensure communities have trust and confidence in Local Government.
This interactive training session will assist you to:
- Understand the requirements of the Model Code of Conduct for Local Councils in NSW 2021.
- Identify standards or conduct and behaviour that are expected of council staff, the mayor and councillors
- Identify disclosures of interest which must be made and define pecuniary and non-pecuniary conflicts of interest
- Understand appropriate and inappropriate relationships between councillors and council staff; and
- Use council information and property in an appropriate manner
The module is tailored to local government staff and will provide relevant local government examples derived from HR professionals, to help transfer the learning to the workplace.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and Local Government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE