Leadership Skills for Aspiring Women
This program has been designed to provide a safe environment in which participants can explore issues that might be restricting their opportunity to progress in their career.
Participants will develop skills, knowledge and confidence to enable them to explore leadership opportunities.
As added bonus, at the end of the session a successful senior local government leader will join the group on line to provide valuable insights regarding their career journey and to respond to questions from participants.
Who should attend?
Women who want to take the next step in their career and progress to a leadership role.
- Gain the confidence enable you to move into a leadership role
- Identify potential barriers and develop strategies to manage those barriers
- Be able to relate to and communicate with others in a professional manner
- Build on your existing knowledge and skills base
- Develop an action plan to progress your management/leadership goals.
- Leadership skills – what does it take to be an effective leader?
- Current skills audit
- The six management functions
- The role of the leader
- Female and male leadership – is there a difference?
- Finding “The Confident You”
- Communication to match the role
- Explore gender issues
- Time Management - getting the job done
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Goal setting and career planning
- Developing an effective team
- Setting an action plan to progress to a leadership role.
The facilitator will use group discussions and council case studies to assist you to transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE