Planning and building-related issues that affect local government in urban, regional and rural locations include:
- Changes to planning and building policies, regulations and systems
- Metropolitan and regional land use planning
- Land use planning and local planning (e.g. local strategic planning statements, local environmental plans and development control plans)
- Development and building assessment and compliance
- Sustainable development of rural and regional communities
- Infrastructure provision and servicing of land e.g. for housing, commercial and industrial use
At Local Government NSW, we work with policymakers at the highest level of politics and government to support member councils’ needs in securing better policy and legislation outcomes relating to land use planning and the built environment.
This includes making submissions to the state and federal governments on a range of planning, building and development matters on behalf of members, as well as participating in working groups and providing ongoing advice and support to members.
LGNSW makes regular submissions to the state and federal governments, plus other agencies, to advocate on behalf of the interests of local government and their communities on planning and building issues. Please visit our submissions page and Policy Platform for more details.
LGNSW welcomes input from member councils to submissions it prepares on behalf of the sector. To provide input, please email email@example.com.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE