Community Impact Program – Grant funding to build drought resilience
Not for profit organisations in remote, rural and regional Australia are invited to submit an EOI for grants up $500,000 to drive local action that helps prepare for drought.
The funding is part of the Australian Government’s commitment through the Future Drought Fund to support Australian agricultural communities to build drought resilience.
The Program is designed to support a wide range of locally relevant initiatives that will result in the following outcomes:
- Communities identify and adopt innovative and transformative ways to build drought resilience
- A change in awareness of and attitudes to drought preparedness at the community level
- Communities learn and share innovative ways to build drought resilience
- An increase in the reach and activities of community leaders, mentors, networks, and organisations driving action on drought resilience
- Improved access to and greater utilisation of community infrastructure
- Communities build their local leadership, networks, and social support
- Community leaders, networks and organisations have stronger capability to undertake strategic drought resilience planning.
EOIs must be lodged by 26 September.
Further details and eligibility criteria
BACK TO NEWS