About the Planning Awards
The LGNSW Planning Awards recognise individuals and councils who have demonstrated excellence in planning and development services.
The awards focus on leadership and culture change, innovation and excellence, recognising actions to promote co-operation, participation and the delivery of positive and pragmatic outcomes in the planning and development area.
The awards are managed by LGNSW and sponsored by the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
2020 Awards Winners
2021 Awards Categories
Excellence in Leadership (Individual)
Culture Change Innovation/Excellence (Team or Council)
This award is open to council Executive Officers (Directors or above) and senior managers. Elected local government officials are not eligible to apply for the Excellence in Leadership Award.
Individuals enter and are judged within their divisions:
• Division A – population less than 30,000, and outside Great Sydney Commission’s districts
• Division B – population over 30,000, and outside Greater Sydney Commission’s Districts
• Division C – population more than 70,000, within Greater Sydney Commission’s Districts.
• Division D - JOs, ROCs and County Councils and other associate members
Division A: Outstanding individual contribution - Rural/regional (i.e. population under 30,000, outside Greater Sydney Commission’s districts)
• Division A - Rural/regional (i.e. population under 30,000, outside Greater Sydney Commission’s districts)
• Division B - Large regional (i.e. population over 30,000, outside Greater Sydney Commission’s districts)
• Division C - Metropolitan (i.e. within Greater Sydney Commission’s districts)
• Division D - JOs, ROCS and County Councils and other associate members.
Before applying via the portal, applicants are encouraged to review the criteria/questions they will be asked to answer.
Please note: Entries for this year's awards have now closed.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE