Local Government Week is designed to showcase the work councils do in their local communities, including the wide variety of services they provide.
Local Government Week will be held from Monday 2 August to Sunday 8 August 2021.
LGNSW has prepared a toolkit, accessible to LGNSW members only, to make it easy for councils to get involved in Local Government Week 2021. It includes key messages and draft copy, as well as links to create customisable assets celebrating your council.
ACCESS THE DIGITAL TOOLKIT
Did you know?
- Local government in NSW employs more than 55,000 people
- Local government in NSW looks after more than $136 billion of community assets
- Local government in NSW spends more than $1.9 billion each year on caring for the environment, including recycling and waste management, stormwater management and preserving and protecting native flora and fauna
- NSW has 450 council-run libraries that attract more than 34.8 million visits each year
- Local government in NSW is responsible for about 90% of the state’s roads and bridges
- NSW councils manage an estimated 3.5 million tonnes of waste each year
- NSW councils own and manage more than 600 museums, galleries, theatres and art centres
LOCAL GOVERNMENT WEEK AWARDS
BACK TO EVENTS AND TRAINING