- Permanent full-time position
- Sydney CBD location
- Excellent Benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
An exciting opportunity exists to play a key role within the Events team, responsible for the planning, coordination and high-quality delivery of a diverse range of LGNSW corporate events. We’re seeking an experienced and motivated Events Assistant to provide support and assistance in all operational administration relevant to the timely delivery of events. The successful applicant will also engage closely with external suppliers, partners and colleagues to establish and manage relationships to deliver streamlined events.
Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is the peak body for councils and related organisations in our State. LGNSW advocates on behalf of members and their communities on policy to decision makers at state and federal levels. We also provide a comprehensive range of services including industrial relations representation, management services and training.
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Assistant will play an integral role within the Events and Learning Division. The role involves assisting with event operational and project plans, and stakeholder consultation to ensure the delivery of effective events that meet budget within set time frames. The role focuses on operational support, identifying logistical requirements, and liaising with facility operators and key stakeholders to assist with coordinating event requirements prior to and onsite.
The salary for this position is $78,429 (excluding superannuation). LGNSW offers excellent employee benefits including generous leave entitlements, monthly RDO’s, flexible working conditions, income protection insurances and many more.
You will have demonstrated experience in coordinating events with excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders. You are highly organised with a strong emphasis on time management, financial accountability and flexibility to adjust and adapt your workload to meet competing priorities. Your strengths will be your oral and written communication and strong liaison, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite specifically PowerPoint, an appreciation for graphic design, and experience with Customer Relationship Management systems, event registration software and Windows programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to promote events to a wide range of clients at all levels.
- Experience preparing reports, correspondence, marketing, and promotional materials, and drafting for Electronic Direct Mail and social media.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to apply logic and genuine interest in social media.
- Current Driver's Licence (NSW eligibility) with an ability to travel and work out of hours and weekends, as required.
Join our team
Review the Position Description and submit your application to [email protected].
For further information, please contact Tina Croker (Manager, Events) on 02 9242 4044 or [email protected].
Applications close COB Wednesday 7 June 2023.
LGNSW is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce that reflects the community and members we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, marital and family status or disability.