Director - Regional/Rural
Broken Hill City Council
Cr Turley has worked and volunteered in health and welfare for over 30 years. She has been involved with and initiated various groups including the Broken Hill Youth Advisory Committee, Broken Hill Outback Jazz Committee and the former Barrier Environmental Committee.
In 2012 Cr Turley was appointed by the Commonwealth Government to the Australian delegation to the United Nations for the CSW 56.
Cr Turley was awarded the 2012 NSW Local Government Award and life membership of the ALGWA NSW for her contribution to Local Government.
In 2008, Cr Turley was nominated as New South Wales Woman of the Year and named Broken Hill Executive Woman of the Year. Cr Turley has recently stepped down as National President of the Australian Local Government Women's Association (ALGWA) and the President of the National Rural Women Coalition of which she has been a member of the National Executive since 2004.
History and interests:
- Australian delegate to the United Nations
- Premier's Council for Women NSW
- State Records NSW Former Vice Chairperson
- Local Government Association NSW Executive former member and Chaired LGSA Social Policy Committee
- Regional Development Australia- Far West Vice Chairperson
- Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery Chairperson
- Tidy Towns Committee Broken Hill Chairperson
- ALGWA NSW Branch Former State President
- President National Rural Women’s Coaltion
- President National Board Australian Local Government Women’s Association
- Year of Women in Local Government Vice-Chair.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE