Local Government Arts & Culture Awards
The Local Government Arts & Culture Awards were initiated by the LGSA in 2003 and are held annually by Local Government NSW.
Ten sponsors came on board to support the program in 2012. The Awards Ceremony was held in conjunction with the new Local Government Arts and Culture Summit on 13-14 November at the Powerhouse Museum.
Nominations covered initiatives delivered between 1 January 2011 – 30 June 2012. For more information, download the Arts & Culture Awards Process and Categories (PDF, 554KB).
Photos are now available online:
Participation in Arts and Culture:
- Aboriginal Arts and Cultural Development.
- Creative Ageing.
- Young People and the Arts.
- Accessibility in the Arts.
- Regional Arts.
Developing Arts and Culture:
- Library Services and Literature.
- Heritage, History and Museum Initiatives.
- Visual Arts and Gallery Initiatives.
- Performing Arts Initiatives.
- Festivals and Events.
Places for Arts and Culture:
- New Cultural Facility.
- Improved Cultural Facility.
- Public Art and Place Making.
- Pop-ups in Empty Spaces.
Interdisciplinary Arts and Culture:
- Arts and Health Initiatives.
- Environmental Arts Initiatives.
- Developing Creative and Cultural Industries.
- Cultural Tourism.
Leading Arts and Culture:
- Integrated Cultural Planning.
- Cultural Policy.
- Creative Community Engagement and Collaboration.
- Building Capacity of the Arts and Cultural Sector.
Enduring Staff Contribution to Arts and Culture.