LGNSW Arts and Culture Forum
Past Conference - 2014
The Local Government Arts and Culture Summit, was held 26-27 May 2014. It demonstrated the wide ranging arts and cultural roles councils are engaged in, including management of over 4000 cultural sites across NSW and development of services, programs and strategies. Sessions at the summit covered each area of practice, identifying sector developments and showcasing leading council initiatives.
All initiatives presented over the two days were finalists in the Local Government Arts and Culture Awards, with winners announced at an awards gala dinner on the evening of 27 May 2014 at NSW Parliament.
The 2014 Local Government Summit and Awards for Arts and Culture:
- Provided updates from government and peak bodies at state and national scale, for perspectives and directions for arts and culture, with a focus on Local Government implications and opportunities.
- Facilitated dialogue with government and peak bodies to address Local Government arts and cultural priorities.
- Addressed cultural policy priorities identified in the Fourth Cultural Accord (PDF, 296KB).
- Informed organisations’ planning for arts and culture.
- Showcased a cross section of council arts and cultural initiatives.
- Provided development opportunities for councillors and staff.
- Announced the winners of the prestigious Local Government Arts and Culture Awards.
The Summit was part of the internationally renowned Vivid Festival, held by Destination NSW – our event partner – who recognised the significance of Local Government within the Arts and Culture industry in NSW.
The LGNSW Arts and Cultural Development Program is supported by the NSW Government through Arts NSW.
This is the second year that the Creative Ageing award category and summit session has been sponsored by the Office for Ageing.