Disability Inclusion Forum
LGNSW has facilitated a series of Disability Inclusion forums for councils, with support and funding from NSW Family and Community Services. The most recent ones were two, one-day Disability Inclusion Action Planning (DIAP) Forums in Goulburn on 24 August 2016 and in Gundagai on 25 August 2016.
The forums addressed inclusion, access, disability awareness, good practice examples and the legal requirement of NSW councils to develop a Disability Inclusion Action Plan by 1 July 2017 under The NSW Disability Inclusion Act 2014.
The NSW Disability Inclusion Act 2014 highlights the responsibilities or local government in undertaking disability inclusion action planning and the development of accessible communities.
Disability Inclusion Action Planning Forums - 24 August, Goulburn and 25 August, Gundagai
Disability Inclusion Action Planning Forum (for Northern NSW councils) - 23 May 2016, Ballina
Disability Inclusion and Liveable Communities Forum - 9 Nov 2015, University of Technology Sydney
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme, Melanie Hawyes, Department of Premier and Cabinet (PDF, 350KB)
Disability Inclusion and Liveable Communities Forum - 12 Sep 2014
- Cain Becket, Chair - Disability Council NSW (PDF, 116KB)
- Minnie Baragwanath - BE. Accessible NZ (PDF 1.8MB)
- Natalie Siegel-Brown, A/ Exec Director Carers, Ageing and Disability Inclusion (PDF, 379KB)
- Poppy Wise, Senior Consultant - Urbis Consulting (PDF, 302KB)
- Sharyn Briggs, Director - Briggs and Mortar (PDF 365KB)
- Brian Woods, Executive Director NDIS Design and Transition (PDF, 673KB)
Facilitated Workshop Sessions:
- Ruth Robinson, Chief Executive - Physical Disability Council of NSW (PDF, 345KB)
- Joe Ibbitson, Community Programs Coordinator - Penrith City Council (PDF, 1.3MB)
- John Evernden, Access Consultant - Accessible Public Domain (PDF, 681KB)
- Stuart Waters, Director - Twyfords Consulting (PDF 599KB)
- Suzanne Colbert, CEO - Australian Network on Disability (PDF, 290KB)
- Diana Palmer, Executive Officer - Information on Disability & Education Awareness Services (PDF, 704KB)
- Dr Scott Hollier, Manager Major Projects - Media Access Australia (PDF, 307KB)
- A/ Prof Catherine Bridge - City Futures Research UNSW (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Paul Nunnari, Manager - Events Access Department of Premiers and Cabinet (PDF, 392KB)
- Jackie Lauff, CEO - Sport Matters (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Kelly McCann & George Ayoub - Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (PDF, 875KB)
- Prof Simon Darcey - UTS Business School (PDF, 932KB)
- Gail LeBransky, Manager Disability Access - Transport for NSW (PDF, 512KB)
- Laurie O'Connor, Director Engineering - Hurstville City Council (PDF, 786KB)
If you would like the presentations in another format, please email Margaret Kay.
LGNSW will continue to hold Disability Inclusion Action Planning Forums for councils across NSW.